Wednesday, October 24, 2012

STANDARD GAUGE ZEPHYR

This is an updated post with my revisions to the standard gauge zephyr.  As you may or may not recall, I purchased a gauge one zephyr body from my friend Bob Thon.  Bob is the owner of Roberts Lines and a few years back he manufactured a gauge one zephyr which is absolutely sublime.  The gauge one zephyr is made from Aluminum and is gorgeous.  And yes, Bob was nice enough to get me one of his gauge one zephyrs which is missing a middle car.  Anyways, I digress. . . .

So my initial post with the standard gauge zephyr was a little quirky since the body sat on the drive truck, which made the drive iffy at best and the nose was raised off the trakc, which also didn't look quite like the zephyr.

Here is the alterations I made.  I lowered the motor truck INTO the body.  This is the result:
I think that this is a HUGE upgrade from the previous Standard Gauge Zephyr.  The linkage between the two bodies needs a little work, but I'm proud of this creation and I think that this zephyr is the first and only one that I have seen in Standard Gauge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment